Desire2Learn (D2L) a suite of software tools to manage content and communication is available at no cost to all faculty and staff at UW Oshkosh. It is managed by a UW System wide utility hosted at the Department of Information Technology at UW Madison.
Students, Faculty, Staff
Benefits and Key Features
- A home page and web site for each course
- Password protection and authentication for enrolled students
- Online quizzes, surveys and tests
- Threaded discussions and chat groups
- Document storage, sharing and management
- A course event calendar
- A grade book
- On-line meetings with Blackboard Collaborate
- Video and multimedia publishing and management.
- Plug-ins such as GradeMark and TurnItIn
A valid NetID and to be enrolled or teaching a course.
To log onto Desire2Learn, use your NetID.
If you are a student, the courses you are enrolled in will be listed on your D2L Homepage. For assistance, contact the Information Technology Help Desk from 7:30AM – 4:30PM Monday – Friday at (920) 424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an instructor, there will be a link to the online instructor’s guide under Instructor Resources on your D2L Homepage. Your course sites are automatically created by the TitanWeb system. They will be listed on your D2L Homepage. Students will automatically be added to the D2L site roster when they register for your course. For assistance with your course, contact the Information Technology Help Desk from 7:30AM – 4:30PM or email@example.com.